Christian wedding music plays a significant role in your wedding ceremony. Being a worship service, the wedding gives glory to God, who instituted marriage and blessed it. The music then should serve to glorify God and spiritually edify those present. The music serves no other purpose.
Your Christian wedding music, as you can hear on KLOVE radio station, can be a powerful expression of worship. It can also reflect your feelings and ideas.
As you carefully plan your Christian wedding song choices, here are some things to keep in mind:
• Your music choices can set the mood for your wedding ceremony.
• Choose Christian wedding songs that are appropriate to the context of your wedding as a worship service.
• Be sure the lyrics express faith, love, joy and commitment.
• You may want to choose a special friend or family member who is musically gifted to offer one of the songs.
• If either you or the groom happens to be musically talented, you may want to be involved in presenting one of the songs, however, you should be sure to consider how nerves may affect your ability to effectively play or sing.
• Incorporating a congregational song or hymn will allow another opportunity to involve your invited guests into the worship experience.
From traditional hymns to more contemporary music, Christian wedding music is a wonderful way for a couple to show their faith. The following list contains some popular Christian wedding songs that may be appropriate for your wedding.
• Love Never Fails – Brandon Heath
• Something Beautiful – Newsboys
• When God Made You – Newsong
• I Will Be Here – Steven Curtis Chapman
• For You – Michael W. Smith
• “How Beautiful” – Twila Paris
• Without Love – Stacie Orrico
• Household Of Faith – Steve & Marijean Green
• Your Love Broke Through – Rebecca St. James
• Give Me Forever ( I Do ) – John Tesh
• By Heart, By Soul – Avalon
• Household Of Faith – Steve Green
• Above All Things – Phil Keaggy
Top 10 Christian Wedding Songs
- You’ve Got Me – Steven Curtis Chapman
- By Heart, By Soul – Avalon (with Aaron Neville)
- Love of My Life – Jim Brickman (featuring Michael W. Smith)
- For You – Michael W. Smith
- Good Thing Going – Carolyn Arends
- Unfailing Love (Kelly’s Song) – Jimmy Needham
- How Beautiful – Ben Utecht
- Waltz For Jennifer – FFH
- Holding Hands – Steve Green
- When God Made You – Newsong (featuring Natalie Grant)
Still stuck for Christian wedding music ideas? Try some of these Christian song resources for more inspiration.
• KLOVE.com: Popular Christian music playing the most up- to-date Christian artists.
• Rhapsody.com: Browse a list of popular Christian love
songs and listen to them free.
• Worship Music.com: Peruse this list of Christian,
traditional, and instrumental wedding selections.
• Air 1.com: This popular Christian radio station offers
streaming broadcasts and shows lyrics to songs being
played to help you choose your Christian wedding songs.
• CCMMagazine.com: Browse by genre or select
from hundreds of Christian artists for great worship,
praise, and love songs for your wedding.